Time to Integrate Google+ Business Page with Google+ Local Page!
Google has announced that users can now integrate their Google+ Business page with the Google+ Local page and benefit from a consolidated online presence on search as well as social. The integration of the two pages can be done from the Google+ Pages admin. The resultant combined page will be packed with features of both the pages- as in reviews from the Local page and other social features that come with Google +.
The company has has given the example of the Meatball Shop:
The search engine giant has given step by step instructions on how to manage this integration:
- “Hover over Unverified at the top of your Google+ page. Click the Verify now button when it appears. Or, click Verify now in the Is this your business? section below the map.
- Confirm your address and click Request postcard again. Your postcard should arrive within a week or so.
- Once it’s arrived, go to the website listed on the postcard, www.google.com/local/verify.
- If you've requested a postcard for multiple Google+ pages, make sure to click on the name of the business that the postcard is for.
- Enter the PIN listed on the postcard and click Submit.”
Google said that after following these steps, the data and listing details on Google Maps will be merged with Google+ Local listing. So, your business will find its place in Google Maps as well. Presently, the verification feature is allowed for local business/place pages only. Site owners with Pages in other categories can create a new page in the business category to achieve verification. For businesses with multiple locations, presently they can only use one address to verify social local Google+ pages. Verification in bulk will not be possible any time soon.
About the Author: Nav is the founder and CEO of Page Traffic, a premier search engine company known for its assured SEO service, web design and development, copywriting and full time SEO professionals. Navneet has wide experience in natural search engine optimization, internet marketing and PPC campaigns. He is a prolific writer and his articles can be found in the "Best Articles" section of many websites and article banks. As a search engine analyst , he has over 9 years of experience and his knowledge is in application here.